What We Do

Our Services

We un-complicate the complicated.

Our service is defined by rigorous processes, clear communication and attention to detail. We believe every successful project needs the right foundation and team. 

And that’s what we deliver, with a culture defined by transparency, quality and competence. 

We are private certifiers and consultants that go beyond, and we get it done.

Building Certification Services

Our building certification services includes assessment and issuance of the following building approvals:

  • Complying Development Certificates (CDC)
  • Construction Certificates (CC)
  • Occupation Certificates (OC)
  • Exempt Development Certificates


  • Advisory on access codes and regulations
  • Compliance review of designs against the access  code
  • Universal design
  • Livable and accessible housing
  • Access Performance Solutions
  • Building upgrades to meet access standards

Building Code Consulting

  • Advisory on building code and regulations
  • Compliance review of designs against the building code
  • Building upgrade reports
  • Construction inspections and advisory
  • Building Performance Solutions
  • Crown Certification

Solution Reports

We prepare Performance Solution Reports for a wide range of disabled access, egress, services and health and amenity issues where meeting the Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions of the BCA may not be feasible.



Taking a collaborative, solution-focused approach, the Incert team provides building certication and technical expert building code advice.

With outstanding personnel and a diverse expertise, we provide innovative and effective solutions across the construction industry.


Both council and private certifiers are public officials and independent regulators of development. However, council certifiers are only permitted to work within local government with their registration or accreditation is not recognised as being suitable for employment within the private sector. A private certifier, on the other hand, can work anywhere in NSW and are able to work on varied and complex types of development.

As private certifiers operate within in a commercial setting, they are incentivised to provide a better and more competitive service than council or other private certifiers.

Complying Development Certificate (CDC) is a combined planning and construction approval for straightforward developments. A CDC can be approved when a proposed development complies with pre-determined development standards set under State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPP).

This process allows a fast-track assessment by a registered certifier.

Examples of development which may be approved with a Complying Development Certificate include:

  • One or two storey homes, including alterations and additions

  • Granny flats or secondary dwellings

  • Swimming pools or residential sheds

  • Demolition of a building

  • Industrial buildings

  • Commercial building alterations and additions

  • Shop fitouts

  • First use or change of use

A Development Application (DA) needs to be submitted for any development projects that have specifications outside of the standard policies and criteria set out by the NSW Department of Planning and Environment (such as the Code SEPP) to the local council. Many projects require formal DA’s as they may have unique needs and/or to protect the interests of all stakeholders. When this happens, a more thorough assessment and approval process needs to take place. Once the DA is approved, then a Construction Certificate (CC) can be issued by a Private Certifier.

A Construction Certificate (CC) can be obtained if the the Development Application (DA) has been approved by Local Council. It is a requirement to obtain a Construction Certificate before construction commences from a registered certifier.

This ensures the Plans and Specifications are compliant with the National Construction Code (Building Code of Australia), and that all relevant Development Consent conditions are met.

At the completion of construction, the applicant must apply to the Principal Certifier for an Occupation Certificate. The Principal Certifier will conduct a final inspection and issue this certificate if they are satisfied that the building is suitable for occupation or use. A building must not be occupied or used without an Occupation Certificate.

The NSW Planning Portal was introduced on 1 July 2020 with the intention that from 1 July 2021, all Construction Certificate, Complying Development Certificate and Occupation Certificate applications must be lodged to a Registered Certifier via the Portal. Principal Certifier Appointments must also be completed via the Portal.

Build Better Today.

Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you build better.